Sunday, March 13, 2016

Shout Out Sunday

This day has been filled with grandparents. 

We went to worship with my paternal grandma this morning. Reagan, at 5 foot 1 inch is taller then Grandma and has been for a couple of inches now. Reagan loves that. My papa couldn't make it. His mind isn't what it used to be. He doesn't recognize us anymore. That's a bit rough but my other papa died with Alzheimer's so I'm used to it. Or as used to it as one can be. It was good to see Grandma this morning. 

Then we headed to The Woodlands to see my maternal granny. Granny fractured her spine while she was taking the mattress pad off her bed to wash it three weeks ago. There's not much the doctors can do but give her pain meds and let her heal on her own. She has an extreme high pain tolerance. She has about five more weeks before she's healed. My parents say she look 100% better than last weekend. So she's on the mend. 

Since we moved 7 years ago to a town with no family in it I feel like I never have enough time for family. And my grandparents are very important to me. I'm glad I got to see some of them today. 

2 comments:

  1. grandparents are treasures, and I'm so glad you got to spend time with yours!

    ReplyDelete