Monday, March 7, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I think I might be getting back into reading groove.  I've been on a reading funk since summer.  It seemed every book I picked up I put back down after 50 pages because I just couldn't get into it.  But I think that changed this weekend.

I read another chapter in Raising Grateful Kids in a Entitled World by Kristen Welch.  It's an excellent book on how to raise grateful kids in a world that teaches entitlement.  It's not a book that I can sit and read in one setting though many who participated in the book launch did.  I like to think on chapters.  Think if we are already doing what Welch is suggesting or if we are failing and need to change our behavior.  
I also read The Bunker Diary by Kevin Brooks.  It is creeptastic! This book is my worst nightmare for myself, my family and friends.  This book is sick and wrong on so many levels (that really makes you want to read it doesn't it?).  The only thing I would of like to of known was who took these people, how they were chosen and why the person made the chose that was made in the end.  But since this book was told in first person by someone in the bunker we can't know what's happening outside.  If you like psychological thrillers this book is perfect for you!
I started When She Woke by Hillary Jordan.  I'm hooked!  Hannah wakes up in a wall to wall mirrored room.  Her body is solid red and her every movement is being broadcasted across America.  We slowly start to learn her crime which is why she's in this mirrored room and why she's red.  It's a bit of a fable and a bit of dystopia all rolled into one.  I did not want to stop reading last night but if I don't get my 8 hours of beauty sleep I'm a huge grump the next day so I very unwillingly put the book down (actually I closed my Kindle app) and went to sleep thinking about this book.  I can not wait to finish this book!

1 comment:

  1. you are reading some great stuff there! glad you have moved past the funk!

    ReplyDelete