Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Four Generations of Women

Day 17

My granny, mom, daughter and I met for lunch and some shopping today. My 80 *cough cough* something year old granny is very young and vibrant. She still gets out and goes and does. In her 70s she would out last my mom and me. Now in her 80s she's slowing down a little.

She didn't walk as fast as normal today. She kept up with us though. Her mind is still good.  

I think it's awesome for my daughter to have four generations of strong women in her life. 

My great grandmother was still alive when my daughter (her great great grandmother!) was born. We have a picture of five generations of women. We had planned to get a new picture every year but my great grandmother died a couple of months after the picture was taken. The picture hangs framed in our hallway. 

I'm glad we got to spend time together today!

3 comments:

  1. So lucky to be part of a long-lived family. It is such a treasure to have four generations of women together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky to be part of a long-lived family. It is such a treasure to have four generations of women together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four generations...that is pretty amazing! Not a lot of people can say they can have four generations in one room. I'm sure you ladies had a wonderful time today!

    ReplyDelete