Thursday, January 19, 2017

Travel Tracker

I have to say that this Travel Tracker is one of my favorite pages in my Bullet Journal!

I found a free printable map online and printed one for Reagan and myself.  We cut it out then glued it in our bullet journals.  My mother-in-law said she never thought to glue things in her bullet journal.  I got the idea from the interactive notebooks students used when I taught middle school.

I used this pin on Pinterest as my guide.  I liked the quote she used so I used it too.  I went with Harry Potter font for the title cuz... I love Harry Potter!

We've driven through some states, some states we only spent the night in and others we vacationed in. So I decided to come up with a way to show the difference.  I created a legend on the left side.  If we spent any time in a state doing fun things or sightseeing or spent a few days I considered that part of our vacation and colored it in solid.  If we just drove through or only spent the night then I just did lines.  I did it this way so that if we go back to that state and vacation I can easily go back and fill it in.  The only thing I might do different next time is use different colors or maybe patterns to indicate that I've been to that state more than once.

I also want to keep up with how many states I've been too.  But every time I counted the states on the map I came up with a different number. Ha!  I finally just sat down one day and wrote down each state I had colored and counted.  I came up with 24.  You can see there on the right in orange my tally marks.  I'll add a tally each time I mark a state.

I'd like to eventually visit every state.  And this is a fun way for me to keep track of the states I still need to visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment