Monday, January 9, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Disclaimer: I receive a small percentage of the books purchased through the links below.

For Pleasure:

I finished The Hypnotist's Love Story: A Novel by Liane Moriarty.  I read this book for book club.  I love Moriarty's books!  I have now read all the books she has published.

I really liked this book!  It hooked me the first few pages.  It's told from two Points of View.  One is the hypnotist's POV and the other is from the her fiance's stalker's POV.  I loved reading the stalker's POV.  I liked hearing how she justified stalking her ex, his son and his new fiance.  It was interesting to me how the hypnotist wasn't scared of the stalker.  She was intrigued by her.

I started The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin by Josh Birk.  Will Halpin is a deaf students who doesn't fit in at the Deaf school and get special permission to attend his local high school.  Will is also overweight.  He has a hard time fitting in not only because of his deafness but also his weight.   I'm about 1/3 of the way through this book and so far so good!

For School:

Last week I read Race Car Count by Rebecca Kai Dotlich.  This book on the Texas 2x2 award list. Each race car is numbered and has it's own special color.  Each page rhymes and introduces a new car.  The students and I enjoyed looking at the illustrations.  Sometimes the illustration told more of a story than the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment