Monday, January 30, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

For Pleasure:

Tuesday Night in 1980 by Molly Prentiss  I don't know what to say about this book.  I didn't love it or hate it.  I liked it enough to finish it.  The writing style was different.  There wasn't a ton of dialogue. It was about art so maybe that's my problem.  I like art but I don't get art they way art people get art. And this book was about art, the way art people get art.  It also has some love.  But the love was dirty and messed up love.  I like clean, pretty love.  Ha!

I started I Almost Forgot About You by Terry McMillan.  I've like every book I've ever read by McMillan and so far this one is no different.  Dr. Georgia Young, at 50 something, is tired of her life. She's "slapped in the face" when she finds out that one of the first guys she loved has passed away. She decides to get in touch with the men she's loved and lost over the years.  She's also decide to sell her family home, sell her half of the practice and take a train ride.

For School:

Night of the Dragon: The Night at the Museum Nick's Tale #1 by Michael Anthony Steele.  Steele will be doing an author visit at our school at the beginning of February so I'm reading a couple of his books to get ready for his visit.  This book is picks up when the movie "Night at the Museum" leaves off.  The story is told by Nick, son of Larry Daley.  Nick loves going to work with his dad at night during the summer.  He loves history and seeing it... come alive.  When a new exhibit at the Museum of Natural History arrives some strange things start happening around the museum.  Nick will have to solve a problem or risk losing his dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment