Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Focusing on my OLW

I started picking One Little Word back in 2015.  I LOVE this concept!  Picking one word to focus on all year just... did it for me the way resolutions do not.

I seemed to always fail at my resolutions.  I made too many.  I didn't make enough.  I forgot all about them by January 3.

When I learned about OLW back in late 2014 I jumped on the idea.  How "easy" would it be to focus on one little word?

For me it made a difference.  It gave me:
  • a focus.
  • a purpose.
  • something to work on.
It was just what I needed.  I'm not much on journaling or self-reflection but having a OLW helped me do some reflection even if I didn't write it down.  It also helped me self-correct behaviors I wanted to work on.  

I'm looking forward to my time with my OLW, choose, this year.  But I started wondering how I could focus even more on my OLW throughout the year.  I'm going to make an infographic like I do every year.  I made a little... thingy (that's the technical term) to put on my blog last year and I'll do that again this year.  But I want to do more with choose this year.

So I've been thinking.
  • I want the word more visible than just the infographic I hang in my office and the thingy on my blog.
  • I'm going to take pictures and/or make note of the things I choose to make a scrapbook that I'll print at the end of the year.
  • I'm going to write one weekly blog about my OLW.
  • I found some cuff bracelets I can customize on Etsy.  I going to have one made to wear daily.

Do you do a OLW?  What's your OLW?  How do you stay focused on your OLW throughout the year?

1 comment: