I thought about my OLW from the past two years.
- I had no idea how much that word would be true for 2015 in my work life!
- I chose this word because I was struggling with staying positive.
- Although I still struggled with it in 2016 having 'positive' as my OLW helped me refocus when I wasn't being so positive.
- I also realized that positive was just to black and white for me. There were somethings I just could not find the positive in and I felt like I had failed at my OLW. And that's so not the point of an OLW.
So in December I read through a list of words to see what jumped out at me. I wanted a word that was flexible but still helped me grow. I didn't want another black and white word. Two words caught my eye. Choose and Embrace.
I thought about:
- both of them.
- how I'd "use" them in my daily life.
- how each would affect my life.
- which I was most willing to "do"
Then I just thought. I let my mind wonder. I went on about my day.
And one word kept popping up.
My OLW for 2017 is Choose.
I can choose: