Friday, July 1, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Ocean Beach by Wendy Wax. It's the second book in the series. This is a fun beach read. I love the women in this series. They are all strong women who had all that they had lost in a Ponzi Scheme. They have a chance to redo another dilapidated mansion and pilot a home renovation series for Lifetime. This book adds a bit of mystery that the first book didn't have. 


I listened to the Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith audiobook. Austin is a teenage boy with a best friend and a girlfriend. Austin records his history. All I can say about this book is that after being in a teenage boys head makes me glad I'm not one! Ha!


I started The Choice by Nicolas Sparks. I haven't read one of his books in a while since they always make me cry and I don't feel like crying. But a bestie assured me I wouldn't cry in this book. I'm still in part 1 of the book. So far Travis is retelling how him and Gabby met and started their life together. 


I also started listening to The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan. Honestly, I kind of wish I hadn't! I like being totally unaware of where my food comes from.  Probably not the best idea but oh my word. I didn't realize there is so much corn in our food. I also didn't realize that organic had such a broad definition and that definition is better for the big companies than for the consumer. I'm not sure how the info in this book will change how or what I eat or feed my family. But I tell you, I'm learning more than I ever wanted to know about how our food is grown and served. 

No comments:

Post a Comment