Monday, July 18, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I finished Crystal Kingdom by Amanda Hocking.  This was the last book in the Kanin Chronicles series.  I really enjoyed this young adult fantasy.  Bryn has been wrongly accused of killing her best friend's fiance and is on the run.  While trying to stay in hiding she's also trying to find out who really did kill him.  Bryn teams up with the last person she thought she would to find the killer.  Bryn also has to save her kingdom from corruption and has to fight a war to save her people.


I listened to The Young World by Chris Weitz.  I did like this book but not enough to finish the series.  Although I want someone I know to finish it so they can just tell me what happens.  I do wonder if part of the problem was that I listened to the audiobook and maybe that detached me in some way...?  I don't know.  This book was a young adult, science fiction, dystopia.  Everyone dies at 18 years old with some mysterious illness.  Child under 10 don't live.  Teenagers are running the world.  Groups have taken over different parts of New York City.  Some have a working relationship, others do not.  The Washington Square Tribe thinks they've found a clue and set out on an adventure to find the cure and save mankind.


I started The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater.  Every book I own by Stiefvater is signed.  I went to a signing at Barnes and Nobles in The Woodland mall years ago.  She's so quirky and lovable!

This is the last book in The Raven Boys series.  It's a young adult fantasy about four private school boys and a psychic's daughter quest to find the lost king on the ley line in Virginia.  There's death, dreams, lies, and love. I hate for this series to come to and end but I also can't wait to read the last installment.  


I'm listening to Fat Angie by E. E. Charlton-Trujillo.  I'm not too far into the book but I have to say that it's making me a little uncomfortable.  The main character is always referred to as Fat Angie.  The word fat is making me crazy.  I feel such sympathy for this girl.  High school is hard enough without everyone using Fat as part of your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment