Tuesday, June 21, 2016

VBS is this Week

VBS started this week at our church.  Our theme this year is Parables of Jesus.

This pictures what greets the children as they walk in the foyer.  They each get a name tag and are shown where to sit in the auditorium.

Each classroom is decorated for a particular parable.  The teachers teach the same parable all week and the children rotate classrooms so that they complete all the parables by the end of the week.



My good friend, Marcie and I taught together. We taught the Parable of the Sower.  I wrote the lesson and searched Pinterest for decorating ideas and activities.  You can read our lesson here if you're interested.

The door is (of course) what the children see first when they walk in.  It gives them a little preview of what's to come.


I wrote on the white board.  Our acronym was TEACH.  Do you like my ear drawing?  I had to do a google image search for how to draw ears.  Ha!
Marcie decorated all the walls.  She used her cricket to make the cut outs.

This wall is the wayside ground.










The rocky ground.  Marcie had some broken up concrete to use as rocks.












Marcie and one of her kids went through the woods behind their house and found these thorns for the thorny ground.
  
And finally the good soil.  Marcie cut out flower.

I think she did an awesome job decorating!  Decorating is my least favorite part of VBS.  I like writing the lesson.  I like finding activities and I like finding ideas for decorating.  I just don't want to have to do the decorating.

We make a good team!




No comments:

Post a Comment