Monday, June 6, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I finished Charm School by Nelson DeMill this past weekend.  I really got wrapped up in this book.  In all the different agencies like CIA, Intelligence, spies, etc.  What a different world than what I live in!  I really enjoy these books because they take me to world I will never be a part of.  All the secrets and lies.  I'm not a paranoid person but it does start to make you wonder about your own government!  You can read a summary of the book on last Monday's blog.




I finished Iced Kissed: The Kanin Chronicles, Book 2 by Amanda Hocking.  I really enjoy this young adult series.  It's fun, it's easy, there's some mystery, it's paranormalish (I say "ish" because they are trolls but they look so human that they can pass in the human world).  In this book one of the Troll tribes' queen goes missing.  They call in an ally tribe to help with their security and finding their queen.  Finding the queen ends up causing more questions.  I have the last book in the series on hold.







I finished Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between by Jennifer E. Smith this weekend.  I'm not sure what to write about this.  I really like this YA book.  I liked the story of a young couple having to decide if they are going break up or not before going to college.  What I struggled with were my own emotions.  It's really hit me pretty hard that after next school year my daughter will be in high school and we only have 4 years left with her as a permanent resident in our house.  So reading this story of these 18 year olds leaving for college, well, it was a struggle for me.









I started Dear Mr. You by Mary-Louise Parker.  But I stopped reading it.  I read three of the letter but was so confused by them.  I had a hard time following the train of thought.  Some of the letters she wrote to people she knew and others were letter to people she didn't know/never met.  I could never figure out which was which.  So I gave up.  It has a 3.98 rating on Goodreads.  And there are many reviews saying how much they loved the book but I just couldn't get into it.








I finished Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre. This was a cute beach read. I loved the main character, Summer. Her sass reminded me so much of myself except I don't think I'm as cute with it as she is. Ha! The story was told from two points of view which I always enjoy. It's a romance novel, the unlikely pairing of a country girl and a mega movie star.  

No comments:

Post a Comment