Monday, June 20, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Ten Beach Road by Wendy Wax

I finished this book early last week.  I really liked the strong women in this book.  I like watching them take the bull by the horn and get things done.  I liked watching them grow.  I liked watching them struggle.  I also like the happy ending.  We all need some happy endings in our lives.  If you need a good beach read this is the book for you!





Glittering Court by Richelle Mead

I love Richelle Mead's books.  Vampire Academy and Bloodline series are my favorites.  So when Mead started a new series I jumped on the boat.  The book starts out a little slow, you have to learn the back story before the story can get underway.  I like reading about made up worlds with hints of real world territory.  I like the royal feel to this book.  BUT after 29% (according to my Kindle) of the book I just couldn't get into it.  I tried.  I mean I really tried but I just couldn't connect with the characters and I didn't care enough about them to find out what happened in the end.  I do think this book is right for someone.  I totally see the appeal but it's just not for me.



Sticking with my beach reads I read Here's to Us by Elin Hilderbrand. This book takes place on Nantucket Island.  I loved reading about the beauty of the island and island life.  One of the main characters, Deacon, dies suddenly.  You are taken back through his live via his three wives, three children and best friend.  In the end I felt so sorry for Deacon and the mess he made of his life.  I liked that the the story was told from the point of view of seven... or eight characters.  It was interesting to see how events unfolded and was perceived by all the different characters.  This story also made me so glad my life is so drama free!


No comments:

Post a Comment