Monday, April 25, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Last week I was at Texas Library Association (TLA) and didn't get a chance to read much.  We were so busy during the day that by the time we made it back to the hotel at night I was too tired to read.

So instead I thought I'd post about some books I learned about.

Science Comic Dinosaurs by MK Reed-this is a graphic novel (love them!) about a science topic. What a cool way to hook reluctant readers as well as those who might not enjoy science as much.

Space Dumplins by Craig Thompson-another graphic novel!  This one is about a girl who is on a mission to save her dad.

Cozy Classics Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice by Jack & Holman Wang-I'm not sure how I feel about this one.  I'm not a classics kind of girls so that doesn't appeal to me.  The clay animation characters are a little creepy.  Despite all that I'm curious about this book!

Everland by Wendy Spinale- this seems to be a remix of Peter Pan.  It's actually the 2nd book that I've seen about Peter Pan at TLA.  Maybe this is a new trend???  I think my daughter will like this one.

There were a TON more books that I learned about but these were the ones that stuck out for me.

I did start an Advanced Readers Copy called Loving vs. Virginia but there's a page in the ARC that asks that the book not be blogged about until closer to it's publish date which is next year.  So you'll have to wait for a review of that one.

What are you reading?




No comments:

Post a Comment