Monday, April 4, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I got my 2016 Texas 2x2s in from Sebco this past week!  I've been slowly adding some finishing touches to their processing.  Sebco already attached the barcodes and spine labels.  I just added the school's stamp inside, covered the store barcode with an address label with our school information on it, and put a Texas 2x2 sticker on the spine.

As I'm doing the above I read them.  That's the best part!

I, Fly: The Buzz About Flies and How Awesome they Are by Bridget Heos. This non-fiction book hooks you right from the begin!  Students are learning about boring butterflies when in flies a fly!  He's disappointed that yet again a class is studying about butterflies.  He starts to teach them all about how awesome flies are.  This book read more like a fiction book than a non-fiction book.  It was filled with facts but flowed like a story.

There's a Lion in My Cornflakes by Michelle Robinson  You know how companies encourage you to buy more of their product by giving you a prize?  Well, if you buy 100 boxes of cornflakes the company will send you a lion!  Except they run out of lions so they send you a bear.  That doesn't work out so they send you an alligator.  But that doesn't work our either so they send you... you get the picture right?  The animals cause all kinds of shenanigans!

Hippos are Huge by Jonathan London This was another non-fiction book that read like a fiction book. The facts where woven into the story so that you learned so much about hippos.  I had no idea they were one of the most dangerous animals in Africa!  I also like how there were little factoids scattered on the pages.  This book was filled with great information.

Fancy Nancy and the Saterday Night Sleepover by Jane O'Connor  I LOVE Fancy Nancy and all her fancy words!  I remember finding the first book and buying it for Reagan.  We bought every book O'Connor published while Reagan still read picture books.  Even now I grab a new book off the shelf to sit and read and reminisce about the good old days when Reagan was little.  I've digressed... this is suppose to be a review about the book. Ha!  In true Fancy Nancy style, we learn new fancy words for plain old boring ones.  Nancy and her little sister head to their neighbor, Mrs. DeVine's house.  Nancy is worried about her sister missing their parents but when it comes down too it, it's Nancy who misses them!

I started Relentless by Karen Lynch for myself yesterday between worship services yesterday.  It's a new fantasy series I'm starting.  The main character Sara has supernatural powers.  There's also vampires in the book.  What's not to like right there?

No comments:

Post a Comment