Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I Got To See My Aunt and Uncle

I got to see my aunt and uncle this past weekend.  We just happened to be in Houston at the same time.  And when I heard she was going to be at my grandparent's house Reagan and I headed over there too.
My dad, me, Reagan, my aunt, & my grandma
It's been two years since I've seen her and my uncle. They moved to Fredericksburg and we moved to Nacogdoches so we don't see each other much anymore.

She's hilarious!  We laughed the whole hour we were together.  When Reagan and I got back in the car to head back to Nac Reagan said "Aunt Pam's so much like Grandad!"  It's true, they are a lot alike.

Aunt Pam was telling us how her dog got bit by a rattle snake and was allowed on the couch even with a yucky wound.  

Me: Reagan, you know what my favorite part of this story is?
Reagan: What?
Me: Holly (my cousin) couldn't have a dog cuz dogs weren't allowed in the house.  And now Aunt Pam's dog is not only allowed IN the house but ON the couch too.
Aunt Pam: A lot of things change when the kids are grown and out of the house.

Bawhahaha

I forgot how much I miss her (and my uncle too).

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that I live so far from my older relatives, am happy to hear of your serendipitous visit. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the measuring of what is against what was... The last snippet of dialogue encapsulates that nicely.

    ReplyDelete