Monday, May 2, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

For School:

Last week I read The Lorax by Dr. Seuss to everyone. With Earth Day April 22 and Arbor Day April 29 I thought this was the perfect book to read. After I read the book I asked the older student what the moral was and the younger students what the book taught us. I added a movie station and played the old version of "The Lorax". The old version was free, the new one was not. Ha! Some students choose to watch it after the checked out books while others went to my normal stations. 

Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier- This was a free Advance Readers Copy I got from my conference. It's a cute, short graphic novel about a girl who has to move because of her sisters illness. She's resentful. But then her sister and she find a trail that's a bit scary but ends at a beautiful scenery. This book will be published sometime this year. 

For myself:

Hurricane Katrina, 2005 ( I Survived Series) by Lauren Tarshis- Not gonna lie, I ugly cried during this book. I kept imaging my family going through this hurricane. Watching my daughter being swept away. Or my house floating away. Being separated from my family. Ugh! I can't image what those families went through. I loved this book!

How To Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather- This is also a free Advance Readers Copy I got from my conference. It won't be published until July 2016. It's the first book in a series. It's set in Salem during modern times but it's rich in the Salem Witch Trail history. I really wish I had read this book before we visited Salem a few years back. There were so many places mentioned in the book that I would of loved to have visited.  I loved the twists and turns in this book. I loved this history. I loved the fiction. I loved the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment