Monday, January 4, 2016

You Don't Know How Much You Use It....

You don't know how much you use something until it stops working.

A week ago this past Sunday I pulled a muscle in my back.  Ouch!

The first time I pulled a back muscle I was 17 years old.  I didn't pull it out again for another 10 years. Now I pull it out every 3 or 4 years.

Two Sundays ago it started hurting.  I tried to ignore it and hoped that the anti inflammatory I was taking for my carpel tunnel would take care of my back too.  By Tuesday morning I was really hurting.  I decided to try calling the TelaDoc instead of calling my regular doctor.  It's hard to get into my doctor plus we were meeting my parents to pick up Reagan at lunch.

I have never used the TelaDoc before.  It was SUPER easy.  And a little scary.  After registering and answering a bunch of questions I waited for the doctor to call me back.

When she did I explained how I hurt my back and how I was talking an anti inflammatory already. She asked what I needed from her.  I told her I thought I needed a muscle relaxer.  She called it into Walgreens and an hour later I had my prescription.

It's a little scary that it was that easy.  I guess if someone called all the time they'd know not to prescribe them something.  But the doctor didn't ask me any questions like can you stand straight or what's your range of motion or how bad I was hurting.  She just took my word that I needed the muscle relaxer.  I can see how someone could easily abuse this system.

I gave TelaDoc permission to fax my doctor telling him what I called for and what they prescribed me.  I like that my regular doctor will know and have a record of what's going on.

It's been a week and a day, I'm still not back to normal but my back is feeling better.  I never realized how much I use my back till it starts hurting!  Simple acts like getting out of bed, sitting on the couch, feeding the dog, doing laundry, etc hurt.  I can't wait till I'm back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment