Tuesday, January 2, 2018

One Little Word 2018-Moment

Some time this summer or early fall maybe a co-worker told me about hygge.  Have you heard of it?  It's a Danish word that doesn't really have a good English translation.  Its most simple definition is enjoying life's simple pleasures.

Multiple words kept popping up during my readings on hygge like atmosphere, presence/mindfullness, pleasure, equality, gratitude, harmony comfort, truce, togetherness, shelter, etc.

The one word that kept grabbing my attention was "moment."  Sometimes I have a hard time staying in the moment, finding joy in the moment I'm in.  I'm a planner and sometimes as I'm in one moment I'm already planning for the next moment.  Or I'm waiting for the next moment to start instead of staying in the one I'm in.  Or remembering old moments and wanting to go back to those moments.

I thought about making hygge my word for 2018 but decided instead to pick one aspect of hygge to focus on in 2018.

So for 2018 my OLW will be moment.

Here's to staying in the moment.

What's your OLW for 2018?  How did you do with your 2017 OLW?

1 comment:

  1. Love your OLW! moments are so important. I'm planning to blog today (don't faint from shock!) about my OLW for 2018.

    ReplyDelete