Monday, July 24, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's a rainy Monday here in East Texas.  It was cozy to wake up this morning to the sound of thunder and rain hitting the roof.  All I could think about was coffee, a couch, and a good book.  What are you reading on this rainy day?

Thanks to Audiobook Sync I listened too:

Sugar by Deirdre Riordan Hall:  Sugar lives in a dysfunctional house with her bed ridden obese mother and her obese middle brother.  Her mother and her brother are both verbally and physically abusive.  Her oldest brother escaped their house and has lost all his weight and changed his behaviors. Through an unlikely friendship and the with the help of her oldest brother Sugar starts to make changes in her life.

The Dorito Effect: the Surprising New Truth About Food and Flavor by Mark Schatzker  I have a love/hate relationship with books like this.  I prefer to be blissfully unaware about the food I'm shoving in my mouth.  Yet books like this insist on informing me about nastiness of today's food. This book makes me want to start a garden and raise my own animals for slaughter.  Then I remember I'm a city girl and thought of getting my hands dirty in soil and with gross animals reminds me I'm just going to have to be ok with eating all the yucky things this book tells me about.  Sigh

I've started a couple of different books set in Ireland (for my Ireland trip) but have had a hard time getting into them so I've set them aside.  I started Nora Roberts series Born in Fire.  I'm not very far into the book yet but I think I might actually finish this one.  Can you recommend any books set in Ireland?  Preferably not a historical fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment