Monday, February 27, 2017

It's Monday! What are you reading?

For pleasure:


Always by Sarah Jio I am a huge fan of Jio's books! Since reading her first published book Violets of March I was hooked. Always is in my top four favorite list. The story did leave you feeling like something was missing. It left you wanting more. But I wonder if that was on purpose. The story is about traumatic brain injury. And a love triangle. I'm a sucker for love triangles!  Back to the TBI. We learn what lead up to the TBI but not the how or the why. I wonder if the feeling of missing something is suppose to be there so we as the reader know what it feels like to be Cade (who has TBI). Then again maybe I'm being too deep. Ha!

Like I said I'm a sucker for a love triangle. Kailey losses Cade when we drops off the face of the Earth then falls in love with Ryan. Then Cade shows up in the least expected place. And Kailey has to make some hard decisions. Some things were typical of a love triangle but there were still enough surprises to keep me happy. 

If you've never read one of Jio's books I highly recommend you do!

For School:

My Book Fair is in two weeks. So to get my students excited I read Book Fair Day by Lynn Plourde. Dewey Booker loves books! His class is going to the Book Fair but his class has to go last. And Dewey's so worried all the books will be sold!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment