Monday, August 29, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I had a hard time with Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty.  I struggled through the first 3/4 of the book and absolutely LOVED the last 1/4 of the books.                                                                                                                                         I also had a hard time rating this book on Goodreads.  How do you rate a book that you forced yourself to read for 3/4 of it but loved the last 1/4?  The struggle is real y'all.

The characters in the book know what happened but the reader doesn't.  The story is revealed mainly through the eyes of 6 characters but we get a glimpse through 3 other characters as well.  It was frustrating for me not to know what happened.  The characters kept revealing parts of what happened but never the full story.  When the reader finally does learn what happened is when I really started loving the book.

There's betrayal, lies, drunkenness, over the counter meds, flirtation, jealousy, hoarding, sibling arguments, mommy issues, a good time, and a grumpy old man.  The book covers a spectrum.  ha!

Liane Moriarty is coming to an indie bookstore in Houston called Bluewillow Bookshop in September.  My friend and I have tickets to go.  I'm very excited to meet her and have my book signed.  

At school I read The Library Gingerbread Man by Dottie Enderle last week.  I like reading this book the first week of school because it reminds students of the different section in the library.  I shifted some books last year and needed to show students where the new books were located.  This books helped with that.                                                                                                                        The Gingerbread Man escapes his section in 398.2 and runs (we don't run through the library do we?) through the shelves of the library.  The Word Wizard in 423 tries to stop him, the giraffe in section 599 tries to stop him. Some one or something in each section tries to stop the Gingerbread Man but no can stop him.  Until he meets an Artic white fox in section 998.  I hope the clever librarian can get to him in time!




I started The House on Mermaid Point (Ten Beach Road, #3) by Wendy Wax this weekend.  This is a cute beach read series that I started this summer.  I'm taking my time getting through the series because I don't want to get tired of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment