Thursday, August 27, 2015

What did I Read?

I started reading The Hour I first Believed by Wally Lamb on Tuesday.... I should stop and tell you that students started school on Monday.  I started the book at 8:30... I should also stop here and tell you that I go to bed every night at 9:30. Which means I actually get off the couch at 9:20 to let the dog out and get ready to BE in bed at 9:30.  So starting the book so "late" really wasn't smart of me.  But I really wanted to start a new book.  So I started it.

So the next day, I sat down to read a little before Bible study.  And.  I. Couldn't.  Remember. Anything. About. The. Book.  Nothing.  I couldn't remember the main character, the setting, the reason why the man (who turned out to be the main character upon investigation) was doing community service or anything else.  I had to go back and refresh my memory before I could keep reading.  That's just sad. Ha!

I know better than to start a new book the first week of school.  And know better than to start a book at 8:30 at night even on a regular week.

Oh well, sometimes you gotta live on the edge!

PS I'm really enjoying the book so far.  I'm also remembering it!

1 comment: