Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Reflection

I started last year... I think... to look back over the school year and reflect on that school year.  I'm not much of a reflector but I'm trying to learn.

2016-2017 School Year:

*Only one teacher participated in my Texas 2x2 program.  I need to revamp how I do this program.  I need to make it easier on teachers.

*We had 2 author Skypes.  It was better with smaller groups.  I'm going to remember that for next school year.

*We had 1 author visit.  When an author tells me that their program really isn't for a lower grade... I'm going to listen next time.  Ha!

*I started a (Half) Hour of Code club.  My students LOVED it.  I had a huge interest.  I need to find a way to include more students even though I don't have more technology.  Maybe do two different days a week?

*I had 20,626 items circulated this year.  I had a drop in magazines so I need promote those better.

*eBooks.  I need to promote eBooks better.  Maybe add posters in the library and in the front office for parents to see.  They just don't get used.

*The Little Free Library is a success.  I occasionally have to fill it with new books.

*My Book Clubs read 7 books total this year.  I loved adding 2nd grade in mid year.  I want to add them at the beginning of the 2017-2018 year.

*LEGO Club is always a hit.  I wish I had a bigger wall so I could add more students.  They all want to be in LEGO Club.

*I really want to gentrify but the amount of work it takes is keeping me from doing it.  I just need to do it and stop thinking about it.

*I want to add more makerspaces in the library.  I need to work on funding and what kind of makerspaces to add.  I need help running them and keeping them maintained.  I also need to decide if they'll be a station in the library or a club that meets once month or more.  Or maybe a combination of that.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, wonderful reflection and sounds like amazing work that you're doing there. Our school had a huge turn out for their coding club before school also. They loved it.. more of that for sure.

    ReplyDelete