Monday, November 14, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

*Disclaimer:  I get a small percentage of the items purchased from this blog.

For Myself

The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer  I'm not very far in this book yet but so far I'm enjoying it.  I like that the lead character is a women based off of Jason Borne.  I like a kick butt woman as much as I like a gentle woman.  I'm still at the point in the book where you don't fully know what's going on or why exactly people are trying to assassinate her or how she knows how to assassinate people.  I can't wait to finish this book!

For School:

Red Riding Hood: Superhero by Otis Frampton is a FUN retelling of Little Red Riding Hood.  When I was reading this to the Deaf Ed students they were so engrossed in the graphics that they didn't watch the teacher who was interpreting (I can sign myself but usually a book is hard to read and sign at the same time).  We tried to redirect them multiple times but ended up just letting them look at the graphics.  This is on Texas Little Mavericks list this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment