The Deaf Ed teacher and I have been working together to teach book characters. For about the last month or month and half we've been dressing up as different characters in a book. We are finally to the part where students get to choose a character and dress up themselves.
In the library last week I did one more lesson on book characters. I also showed a Google Slides presentation of a few different book characters and then I found some DIY book character costumes on Pinterest to show them.
I don't know about y'all but I have to work to be creative. I'm GREAT at stealing other people's ideas. Not so great at coming up with them myself. So I wanted to give them some ideas how easy dressing up can be.
Then we sent the students off into the library to find three books with characters they wanted to dress as. The Deaf Ed teacher created a poster for them to fill in with the title of the book. She sent home a note with the three books listed of each student's choice so parents can help their child pick their final book.
I took some pictures to document the lesson... then accidentally deleted them to make room for the Veteran's Day program. I do our school's website and social media so my phone stays pretty full with pictures. I delete them as soon as I can. I didn't look closely enough at all the pictures before deleting them. Sigh
But I did call the Deaf Ed teacher and ask her to take a picture of the poster she made. Since she had it in the library last I noticed they've picked the books they're going to use and have circled them.
This collaborative lesson is almost done. I look forward to doing more!!!