Thursday, October 15, 2015

Twilight: Life And Death

I am a huge Twilight fan! I reread the books once a year. I still keep our family vacation pictures from Forks on my phone. My home screen is always a picture of me in Forks. 


Twilight: Life and Death snuck up on me. I knew nothing about it until the day it was published. I felt like a horrible fan!  I did miss the build up, the waiting, the suspense. But it was a nice surprise. 

I've mentioned before that I prefer eBook so I bought the eBook. But... there are some books (mostly series) that I do like seeing on my bookshelf so... I bought the physical book too! Ha! It does make a nice addition to my Twilight shelf. 

Minor spoilers follow:

I had a hard time getting into Beau's head. It felt, well, weird. Most of Bella's thoughts didn't transfer well to a boy. It was also strange to have the other characters roles reverse so literally. 

I did like some of the minor changes Meyer made to the story. Some of the scenes flowed better. Some made a bit more sense. I think it shows her growth as a writer (here I am talking about Meyer, a multi-millionaire, growing as a writer. We all grow in our profession, right? That's what I'm telling myself as I write this nonsense.). 

Overall I did like the book. It was nice to be in the Twilight world again. But I really wished she had finished Midnight Sun. Like, really really really, on my knees begging, wish she had finished Midnight Sun. Maybe for the 20th anniversary.... One can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment