Thursday, October 15, 2015

Graphic Novels: Salem Hyde



This week I read The Misadventures of Salem Hype 1 Spelling Trouble by Frank Cammuso.  It's a Texas Bluebonnet Nominee for 2015-2016.   This book list is good for 3rd-6th grade.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I read this book for 3 reasons. 1) It's on the Bluebonnet list and I try to read all the books on the lists because I ask my 3rd-5th graders too. 2) It fits #GNCelebration and 3) The librarians in the district are trying to get Cammuso to come to our district and do an author visit. 

Salem is a young witch whose parents are non-magical people. Salem's school is having a spelling bee. She gets a little confused thinking that a spelling bee is about casting spells not spelling words. She also gets a companion pet that she doesn't really want. They get into all kinds of trouble together. 

This is a super cute book to read. I can't wait to read it to my students. 

Keep your fingers crossed that we can get Cammuso to come to our district!

No comments:

Post a Comment