Monday, December 11, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

For School:

I got my Junior Library Guild subscription in last week.  So I read through all the picture books.  It's my favorite time of the month!

Pine and Boof: the Lucky Leaf by Ross Burach: Boof the bear has a lucky red leaf.  The red leaf gets swept away in the wind.  Luckily Pine the porcupine walks by at just the right time with his lucky compass.  The new friends set off together on an adventure to find the lost leaf.

All the Way to Havana by Margarita Engle:  A boy and his family take their old family car that makes lots of noises to the city of Havana, Cuba.  As they drive they see the sights, hear the sounds, and watch the neighbors & the musicians performing, and see all the colorful cars driving along.

Charlie & Mouse & Grumpy (Charlie & Mouse, #2): by Margarita Engle: This is a beginning chapter book.  It's the second in the series.  The two brothers are excited for their grandfather's visit.  They pounce each other, sings the wrong songs, build forts out of blankets and do other fun things together.

Catch My Breath by Paul Briggs:  This is a fun little book!  This book is full of puns related to breath.  Like catch my breath,  babies breath, and many others.

For Pleasure:

The Christmas Secret (Christmas Hope, #5) by Donna VanLiere:  I listened to this sweet story.  I don't always enjoy a "sweet" story but around the holidays all I want to read are heart warming stories.  Like all heart warming stories, life works out for this single mom of two.  She gets they guy, though it's not the guy she thought.  Her ex-husband gets his life together and becomes a better father and she gets to go back to college.



No comments:

Post a Comment