1. San Antonio is such a fun city!
2. The Alamo
3. The Riverwalk
4. The restaurants
The Conference- Own Your Profession:
1. Speed Dating the Bluebonnets- the attendees sit at a table while the authors of the Bluebonnet books rotate tables and talk about their books. I love being up close and personal with the authors and hearing them talk about their books.
2. The Exhibits- ALL. THE. FREE. STUFF! Books, pens, pins, posters, sticky notes, pencils, candy, popcorn, water etc
3. Hearing the authors speak at the general sessions- FUN! Oh... and educational. Ha!
4. 17th Annual 2x2 Showcase: Books for 2 Years to 2nd Grade- This year the committee added TEKs to the lesson ideas for each book. LOVE this!
5. Building a Community of Future Ready School Librarians- I joined the #FutureReadyLibs movement a couple of months ago and wanted to go to this session to learn more about it. I'm so glad I did!
6. Texas Bluebonnet Award Author Session-We eat, we get free books and bags and we get to hear the author of the winning Bluebonnet book speak. I can't stress enough how much I love listening to authors speak!
7. Kidlit vsYALit Lip Sync Battle 2-I've said how much I love listening to authors talk... the only thing I love better than that is watching them lip sync to songs that relate to their books. OH. MY. WORD! Hilarious!
8. Texas School Library Standards Revision- my lovely lead librarian was on the panel for this one so I had to go show her love and support. I'm very excited about these revisions and what we can do with them as school librarians to promote how awesome our libraries are!
9. The President's All-Conference Party-The Spazmatics rocked 80s music!
10. Spending time with my district librarians outside of work is priceless!
1. I got a migraine and missed pretty much all of one day. M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E My roomie took good care of me, checking on me through out the day and bringing me meds, essential oils, Dr. Peppers etc.
2. This year the conference was Wed-Sat. Normally it's Tues-Fri which gives you Sat to rest and recoup. But with Easter this year falling in the month when it did they had to change from the norm. This year I didn't get a day to rest and recoup since we have worship twice on Sundays. I did nap Sunday afternoon but there's nothing like relaxing a whole day.