Monday, April 3, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

For Pleasure:

I started Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly last week.  And I struggled.  I fell asleep multiple times in the middle of reading and I don't do that.  It's a very factual book and not much story or a deep dive into people's lives.  I desperately want to finish this book though.  So I decided to download the audiobook.  I usually listen to nonfiction better than I read it. And I am so glad I did!  I'm really enjoying listening to the book.  If you are not a nonfiction reader like me and want to read this book try the audiobook instead.

I'm also reading the last book in the Lux series, Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout.  So far two alien/mutated aliens have returned.  Neither were expected!

For School:

Last week I read Look Up!  by Jung Jin-Ho to all grades Pk-5th.  Look Up! has very few words and very detailed drawings.  The lower grades quickly took over reading the few words that were in the book while the upper grades "let" me read them.  The pictures are draw so that it looks like you are looking down so all we see are the tops of peoples heads.  I had to demonstrate with the lower grades this concept.  There was lots of discussion of the meaning of the drawings.  I think this is one of my new favorite books!

What are you reading that I should add to my "to read" list?

No comments:

Post a Comment