Monday, September 19, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


For myself I read:

The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies, #5) by Pittacus Lore, I love this YA series!  In The Revenge of Seven we learn that the Mogadorians turned one of the Loriens.  The teenagers were fools for trusting Five.  But Five might not be as bad as they think he is.  They also might not get as much help from the sanctuary as they first thought.  Ella might be more powerful they previous thought.  There's action, lots of action and a little, just a tiny bit of romance.

I read a lot for school this week.  I got my September shipment of Junior Library Guild books.  I'm getting back into the swing of things!

Me First by Robin Pulver is the first book I'm going to give a teacher when they tell me they are studying word prefixes.  Pulver has such a fun way of including prefixes in most of the words in a sentence.  It's really quite shocking!

Buddy and Earl and the Great Big Baby by Maureen Fergus is an adorable series for emergent readers.  I love the dog and the hedgehog's friendship and skewed view of the world.

Lion Lessons by Jon Agee teaches kids what is takes to be a lion.  A young and... well, scrawny boy tries seven steps to become a lion.  In the end the boy learns that looking out for your friends is the most important thing.

Douglas, You Need Glasses! by Ged Adamson is a book I'm going to read to students when our nurse does vision screening.  Douglas is a dog who keeps running into things, chewing up the wrong items and just getting into trouble because he can't see.  He needs glasses!

How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long is a book I read Monday, "Talk Like a Pirate Day".  Jeremy is on the beach with his family when he sees a pirate ship.  The pirates take him aboard their ship to help them bury their treasure.  Jeremy is having a fabulous time and wants to be a pirate forever until he find out that Pirates don't tuck you in at night or read you a story!

Groovy Joe Ice Cream and Dinosaurs by Eric Litman is a cute book about a boy sharing his ice cream with dinosaurs and what happen when he runs out of ice cream.

Are Pirates Polite by Corinne Damos teaches that even rowdy pirates say please and thank you.  This is a fun book to use to teach manners.

No comments:

Post a Comment