Monday, September 12, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


The House on Mermaid Point (Ten Beach Road, #3) by Wendy Wax is a cute beach read series I stumble upon this summer.  I really enjoy the 6 ladies and the fixer upper houses they work on.  I like reading about their relationships with each other and the things happening in their lives.

The house they remodeled in this book belongs to an old rock & roll singer set on a key off of Florida.  How cool would it be to live on your own island?!

My only "complaint" about this book was that one of the supporting characters dies.  It's a beach read.  No one is suppose to die for crying out loud!

The 6 ladies are once again up against odds with the tv network they work for.  Some of the ladies have a hard time saying no to the men in their lives.  One lady can't say yes to an amazing man. Drama unfolds over the first house they redid and sold.

All in all it's a cute book/series.



I finsihed Hogwarts: An Incomplete and Unreliable Guide (Pottermore Presents, #3) by JK Rowling. I love diving back into the Wizarding World!  It brings back fond memories of reading the series for the first time and of sharing it for the first time with Reagan.  There's so much in that world I want to know about.  I really enjoy learning more facts about the castle, wizards and witches, and the wizarding world as a whole.

I started The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies, #5) by Pittacus Lore and for a professional development book I'm reading Champs: A Proactive & Positive Approach to Classroom Management.



No comments:

Post a Comment