Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thankful Thursdays

I've been thinking about what to blog about each day.  I do really good Monday through Wednesday because I know my prompt/topic but I struggle Thursdays through Sundays.  So I did a little searching and with the help of my friend and fellow librarian Sonja over at the Sassy Bibliophile I found the following topics/prompts.



Mondays I do my library lesson from the week before which fits into the "It's Monday! What are you reading?" prompt.  If I've read anything for myself I include it in this post too.  I like going back and reviewing my story time lesson.  Seeing what worked and what didn't and if I plan to do this lesson again what I might change or add.



Tuesday is my Slice of Life.   Here I write about what's happening in my daily life.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.  It could be school related or about my personal life.  I visit Two Writing Teachers website and see what other bloggers Slice of Life are all about.  I enjoy the comments I get from other bloggers.


Wednesday is Wordless Wednesday (sometimes it's Nearly Wordless Wednesday).  I scroll through the pictures on my phone and select one to post.  I LOVE taking pictures on my phone.  I have a bazillion pictures on my phone so I'm never desperate for a picture.

I'm thinking Thankful Thursday.  On the Happy Librarian Challenge Bingo Board there is a square for keeping a gratitude journal.  I don't like writing, like physical writing, like pen and paper writing so I thought I could do my own version and keep my "journal" here on my blog.  Thursdays seem like a good day for that.  I have so many things to be thankful for but sometimes the negative sticks out more than the positive.  I think taking the time on Thursday to really think about all the things I have to be thankful for will help my outlook.  It will also go along with my OLW, positive.

I'm still thinking about Friday and Saturday.  I've cruised the Internet and seen some ideas but nothing is jumping out at me screaming "Pick me!  Pick me!"  Do you have any ideas for Fridays and Saturday???  What do you do for those days?


I found this meme for "Shout Out Sunday." I'm thinking about doing that.  The... directions... for lack of a better word say "Shout out Sunday is a simple meme in which we talk about new (and old) blogs that we love, posts that stuck with us that particular week, books that we just have to mention, and songs and/or TV shows/movies/videos. It is a fun way to get to know us (and you) better, as well as finding new blogs!"  I might include people who made an impression on me during the week too.

I'm excited about finding topics to write about each day.  I think this will help me blog everyday.  I know I can do it since I participated in the Slice of Life last March and will be doing it again this March.  I want to take what I learned doing the Slice and apply it to all the other months of the year.

1 comment:

  1. I love your Thankful Thursday idea! awesome! I'll ponder possibilities for Fridays and Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete