Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Life & Reading




Library:

I'm reading The Book With No Pictures by BJ Novak to all grade levels this week.  I started out showing a video of BJ reading the book to a group of elementary students because I thought my students would like seeing the author read his own book.  He reads about half the book then I picked up where he left off.  I was surprised how much more they laughed when I read it.  So... failing forward here... I stopped showing the video and read the entire book myself to my other students. They enjoyed that so much more!  Who know?!








What I'm reading:

I started Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty for my Faculty/Staff Book Club at school. This is the first book Moriarty published.  We are enjoying it but not as much as The Husband's Secret or Big Little Lies.  We decided to just read everything she's written in our book club until we've read them all.  I don't what we'll read once we've read all her books.







I finished listening to Friendship by Emily Gould.  It wasn't my favorite book but that could be because I listened to it instead of reading it.  I give it three stars. There was so much more I wanted to know before the book ended.  I also had a hard time relating to characters.












The librarians in my district and I are still working our way through Wild Readers by Donalyn Miller.  We will discuss chapter 4 next month at our meeting.  It is such a powerful book! All reading teachers and librarians should be required to read it!









I haven't started a new audiobook yet but I will.


Personal:

It's snowing here in Texas... well, it's snowing to us! Today was the first time in 12 years of teaching that I got students out of the car while it snowed.



Exercise: I'm participating in Walk Across Texas.  Last week I walked 23.5 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment