Monday, February 16, 2015

Library Happenings and Valentine's Day

This week in my library I am reading the 2x2 book Super Hair-o & the Barber of Doom by John Rocco to Pre-K through 2nd.  They are loving it!  They can't wait to tell me what super power they would have and what their super hero name would be if they were a super hero.

I'm showing the Bluebonnet Award video to 3rd-5th grade.  They are excited to see which Bluebonnet book won the award.  Funny enough only one of my students voted for the winner.  

I took down my Valentine's Day display and added books to my Black History display.


Valentine's Day was a fun day for my daughter and nephew (and the adults too!).  We had a blast cooking a Valentine's Day meal.



This week I'm reading: 

For pleasure: The Ruby Circle: The Bloodline Series by Richelle Mead.  
Listening to: Friendship by Emily Gould via the Hoopla app.  
Professionally: Reading in the Wild by Donalyn Miller and I'm about to start The Time is Now: Volume 2 by my principal Jonathan Kegler
Read Bow-Wow's Nightmare Neighbors by Mark Newgarden and Megan Montague Cash.  I read it in preparation for the Texas Librarian Twitter chat (#txlchat) I participate in on Tuesday nights at 8:00-8:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment