Friday, February 13, 2015

Authors Week

What a crazy, wonderful week this has been!  We had two authors visit our campus!

 Wednesday we had award winning author and illustrator Don Tate visit our elementary.

He spoke to students about his childhood, family, and work as an illustrator and author.  The students keep talking about how he had to rewrite It Jes' Happened 37 times! 37 time!  What a great life lesson! Students also keep telling me their favorite part was his drawings.
He had students come up and draw lines on the paper then he turned them into something spectacular! He also drew a couple of students.  So. Much. Fun! 

I have no real reason for putting this picture in other than... I just wanted too! 

Thursday my school did our first Skype!  We Skyped with author and motivational speaker Jon Gordon. I was so worried that technology was going to go crazy that I had a nightmare about it the night before but it went off without a hitch!  Mr. Gordon read parts of his book The Shark and The Goldfish and spoke with students about being and staying positive.


He also answered some students questions.  Students were able to come up to the computer and ask their question directly to Mr. Gordon.

Students thought the whole experience was so cool.  This is definitely something I want to do again!


No comments:

Post a Comment