Monday, August 14, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I finished listening to One Safe Place by Tania Unsworth.  After Devin's grandfather dies he is invited to a home where children are fed and cared for after some one witnessed him do an act of kindness.  Only the home turns out to use the children for their youth.  Devin makes some friends and together they find a way out of the craziness.

I started listening to Shadows on the Moon by Zoe Marriot.  Suzume watches her father get killed. She barely escapes and does so by discovering a hidden power.  Through turns of events she could never of guessed at she finds her mother married to her father's best friend and she's now disguised as a drudge.

The town I live in is participating in the One Book, One City program.  Of course I'm participating! Ha!  So I'm reading True Grit by Charles Portis.  I'm looking forward to all the activities the public library has planned for this program.

For School:

All the librarians in my district vote on a professional development book each year.  This year we picked Your School Rocks So Tell People by Ryan McLane and Eric Lowe.  I'm so inspired by this book!  I do all my school's social media and our webpage.  I'm looking forward to trying out some of their suggestions.

What are you reading that I need to add to my To Be Read list?

No comments:

Post a Comment