Thursday, September 28, 2017

Thankful Thursday

While in Ireland Reagan turned to me and said "Thanks Mom for doing what you did to get us here."

Oh my soul!

All the guilt I felt for working summer school and leaving her at home more than 1/2 the day all of June just evaporated.  Knowing not only did she understand that my hard work got us to Ireland but also the extra hours I put in and the extra duties I worked helped pay for a good portion of the trip.

These are all things Jay and I have tried to teacher but I think this trip really made an impact on her.  Hard work really does pays off.  Sacrificing our time and saving our money really does pay off.

And really, how often does a teenager sincerely thank her parents?  I didn't thank mine until after Reagan was born and I realized all the sacrifices they made for me.

I'm treasuring this moment in case I don't get one again until she has kids of her own.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment