Monday, December 12, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

For Myself

I'm still reading Christmas books.  They're light and fluffy and get me in the Christmas spirit.  They're also very easy, quick reads which is about all I have time for this time of year!

Must Love Mistletoe (Holiday Duet Book 1) (Holiday Duet Series) by Christie Ridgway  Billie hates Christmas which is a bit tough seeing as her family owns a Christmas store.  Billie moved away 10 years ago to escape the Christmas madness but has to come back and run the store for 24 days only because her mom and stepdad and divorcing.  Billie runs into her bad boy fling from high school.  It's a rocky reunion until the old spark ignites

For School

I Will Never Not Ever Eat a Tomato (Charlie and Lola) by Candlewick Our students are growing gardens this year.  Everyone from teachers to the nurse to the cafeteria workers are involved.  So of course I have to jump right in the middle of it!  Except I don't like getting my hands dirty so I take pictures and read the books.

Lola doesn't like eating, well, anything really.  So Charlie has to get creative and make up names and stories to go with the food she and Lola are going to eat.  Like carrots come from Jupiter.  The students and I had fun talking about the food we do and don't like to eat.


Space Case (Moon Base Alpha) by Stuart Gibbs is on our Texas Bluebonnet Award List.  I was assigned to read this book and write 25 questions for our Battle of the Bluebonnets in May.  I'm listening to this audiobook on OverDrive.  I'm actually finding it hard to list and write questions so I'm keeping the physical book close so I can go back and look at important events that I want to write a question about.

I haven't finished the book yet but so far I'm liking it.  I like the concept of living in space on the moon but main character 12 year old Dashiell Gibson doesn't.  Dashiell doesn't like being stuck inside a small base with only a few other kids to play with.  The handful of paragraphs he uses to described how to use the restroom on base were hilariously gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment