Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Thanksgiving Break

Thanksgiving break was MUCH NEEDED!  It has been a stressful begin to the school year.

Not to give to much detail but I had to make the tough decision to fight for what was right for my students and my school even if there was back lash.  The whole situation was stressful.  Really it's been stressful since March of 2017.

It's crazy what stress does to your body and mind.  How it effects you in ways you don't realize until the stress has been removed.

Two Fridays before Thanksgiving break the stressor was removed.  And let me tell you, it was like the actually school building itself took a sigh of relief.  So much has changed for the better since then.

I feel better.  I sleep better.  I'm not worrying (and I'm not really a worrier).  I feel more like myself.  I'm reading more.  I'm joying my school again.  I always found joy in my job.  I love being a librarian but it wasn't always easy to make myself get up and go to work due to the stressor.

I was busy over the break.  Reagan and I went to Houston over the first weekend.  We had a viewing and funeral of an elderly member of our church.  Then we headed to Tyler for Thanksgiving with my in-laws.  Then back here to decorate our tree and rest.

I read 3 books and 2 novellas and watched 2 Christmas movies.  It was fabulous!

What did you do over you're break?

No comments:

Post a Comment