Monday, November 27, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

I've been in a little reading funk.  Not a big one.  I just haven't been reading as much as I normally do.  Until Thanksgiving break. 

I devoured 3 books and 2 novella's.  And it was glorious!

I add books pins to my Pinterest "To Read" board all the time.  I scanned through it until I found a series.

I read the young adult, urban fantasy series, Firelight by Sophie Jordan.  This series is from the point of view of a female drakia named Jacinda.  Jacinda is a descendant of dragons.  Their deepest secret is that they can manifest into humans.  Through events that Jacinda can't control she falls in love with a human boy.  Through the whole series Jacinda learns about hunters, who murdered her father, and how to live with her human love.  There's family discord, some adventure and love.

In connection with this series I read the novella Breathless.  Jacinda's best friend, Az is getting ready to take her tour in the human world but before she does she takes a family vacation with her parents near a lake.  Az is a water drakia and while swimming in a local pond she saves the life of a local girl then falls in love with her brother.  Though she tries to fight it she can't get past her attraction to him.

The last book I read was a novella from the Ten Beach Road series by Wendy Wax called One Good Thing.  This series is a realistic fiction, beach read.  It'a always nice to go back to the world of the 5 ladies at Ten Beach Road.  This is a Christmas novella.  It was the perfect book to read heading into the Holiday season.

I started Hot Flash Holiday by Nancy Thayer.  I picked it cuz the title cracked me up.  And I'm starting to have hot flashes.  I figured I could enjoy a funny holiday read while relating to the hot flashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment