Tuesday, October 31, 2017

It's Been Awhile

It's been a couple of weeks since I last blogged.  Life has been crazy.  It's been busy.  It's been stressful.

I keep thinking life will slow down and it doesn't.  Why?!?  I keep trying to find things I can cut from my life to make it less busy but there's nothing to cut.  It is what it is.

Work has been super stressful.  I have like 20 hairs left in each eyebrow and my mouth is covered in canker sores.  Lovely.  There are a lot of reasons work is stressful.  At the top of the list is that I remember what my school was like before all this craziness.  I remember how smoothly things ran.  I remember when I looked forward to coming to work.  None of those things are true now.

I miss blogging.  That means I need to make the time to do it.  But that also means giving up something else like family time or reading or watching Blue Bloods (gotta get my dose of Donnie Wahlberg! lol).

Maybe if my stress level was down everything wouldn't seem like such a chore.  I need to work on that.  Do you have any book recommendations I can read that teach how to reduce your stress level?  Or any suggestions at all? I'm willing to try anything really!


1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that you are having such a stressful time at work. Angela Watson writes a lot of blog posts, and hosts a podcast, where she talks a lot about teacher stress: https://thecornerstoneforteachers.com/. She also has two books that deal with enjoying teaching and shifting your mindset that might be helpful: https://thecornerstoneforteachers.com/books/. I hope your work becomes more enjoyable and you get back to a less stressful equilibrium in your life and teaching. Thank you for sharing your story with me.

    ReplyDelete