Monday, November 30, 2015

What Are You Reading?

I just finished reading Tricky Twenty Two by Janet Evanovich. I love the Plum Series! I started reading her books one summer and read all 19 that were out at that time. I look forward to each new one. I love Stephanie's incompetence at her job but she keeps doing it. I enjoy the love triangle between her, Ranger & Morelli. Lula, Grandma, and Mom (Mrs. Plum), what's not to love about these women?!? 

I'm part of a book launch group for a book called Raising Grateful Children in an Entitled World by Kristen Welch. This is my first time to participate in a book launch and I'm super excited! This book is a total slap in the face. I don't feel I'm entitled. I feel like I've worked for everything I have but this book is making me wonder!

For my student book club I'm listening to Nightmares! By John Segel. This book takes the nightmares of a young boy and makes them real. He actually has to enter his nightmares in real life. What a scary thought! I can't wait to discuss this book with my students!

For our librarian book study I'm reading Making the Match: The Right Book For The Right Reader at the Right Time, Grade 4-12 by Teri S. Lesesne. Dr. Lesesne was one of my professors when I was getting my masters in library science. I'm on chapter two. I'm learning a lot about matching the right book to the reader. I never thought about the pitfalls of recommending books that don't fit to a already reluctant reader. 

I'm also leading a book study for the reading teachers at my school. We are studying Reading in the Wild by Donalyn Miller. I read this book with the librarians last year. Yesterday afternoon was our first meeting. I'm really looking forward to applying what we learn to our reading classes. 

3 comments:

  1. You are certainly reading a lot and reading widely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are certainly reading a lot and reading widely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite parts of my LMS job was reading all the wonderful new books I'd purchased and then trying to hook a group of kids into reading them!

    ReplyDelete