Monday, January 15, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

For School:

I read January by Mari Kesselring to PK-2nd.  It's a simple book with facts about January like it has 31 days and we celebrate Martin Luther King on the third Monday.  With PK I do simple things like sing the months of the year.  With 1st and 2nd I ask what number goes with January and why the number 1 goes with January.

For Pleasure:

I'm listening to The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan.  A young librarian loses her job because they are closing all the libraries in her city.   She loves her job.  Loves pairing people with the right books.  She has to make some life changes.  She buys a van, moves countries, and starts selling books out of the van.  It's not the life she imaged.  It's much better.

I'm reading All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater.  I have a hard getting into some of Maggie's books at first.  Her style of writing can be so whimsical.  It's hard for my brain to adjust.  But once it does I can speed right through her books.  This books is like that.  It's about saints and miracles and pilgrims and a family of saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment