Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Ireland Proposal... ACCEPTED!

Back in February I partnered with an education professor from the local college.  She asked me to demo my (Half) Hour of Code to her future teachers.  You can read about it here.

Then she came back and asked if I'd go with her to a conference in Ireland and present what we did together if the proposal was accepted.  You can read about it here.

Y'all!!!!!   The proposal was accepted!  I am so unbelievably excited I don't even have words to express it!

As a family we decided not to take a vacation this summer so that my family could go with me.  So all the money we saved for vacation will go to Ireland.  I taught summer school to add to our Ireland fund.  My husband is preaching in some extra gospel meetings and I'm attending some professional developments that pay me, all that money is going to Ireland.  So I have about 2/3 of the money saved.

Unfortunately my district will not pay for an international conference.  All the grants I've found online had June 1, 2017 deadlines.  I've contacted some of the venders I spend quite a bit of money with to see if they sponsor teachers to attended professional developments.  One does not and I haven't heard back from the other 3 yet.

So I started a Go Fund Me. I'm hoping to raise money for the conference, my part of the hotel for 4 days and my flight to Ireland.  If you are able I would GREATLY appreciate your help!  I would also appreciate my link being shared with others over social media, email, etc.

This is an amazing opportunity for me to showcase my library and to learn from international educators!


No comments:

Post a Comment