Thursday, April 23, 2015

Book Endings

I just finished Lies You Want To Hear by James Thomson. I liked the book (I'll give it 4 stars on Goodreads).  I couldn't figure where the book was going. Which was good... and irritating at the same time. Ha!

I started out loving the male lead character and ended up not liking him much at the end. At the beginning he was so easy to like. He was endearing and fun and guy you'd like your daughter to marry. But by the end you just felt bad for him.

The female lead character started out as some one I just didn't like. I couldn't understand her choices or her behavior. She wasn't a likable person. But by the end of the book I felt sorry for her. Which was a little annoying.

The only thing I didn't like about the book was the ending. It just ended so abruptly. I read it in eBook form and when it ended I kept swiping my finger back and forth thinking I had missed something or hit a button or something but nope. The book just ended. Out of no where. Those kind of endings leaving me feeling so cheated out of a nice wrap up.

It doesn't even have to be nice. I just like a wrap up.

At least a warning that the end is near.

I'm going to start Spelled by Betsy Schow tomorrow. I got it while at TLA a week ago. The cover is so dazzling! (Yes, I know. Never judge a book by its cover.)


No comments:

Post a Comment